Monday, April 9, 2012

The Name Game 2.0

This is an almost completely overhauled version of the Name Game Gadget. I had so many things I wanted to change that I decided it would be best just to type the whole thing over (for the most part) because I was having some serious issues with some changes.

Here it is! Try it out!

EDIT: SORRY BROKEN LINK, I'M WORKING ON IT. USE THE ONE IN THE SIDEBAR. (4/10/12)
EDIT: LINK FIXED. (4/11/12)

Some of the changes:

  1. You no longer have to type in all caps when submitting your "trick" list.
  2. Same with your name. Mess up on the capitalization or type in all caps? That's okay, don't push cancel. It automatically capitalizes the first letter of all three names. (with this feature, it'd probably be good to mention - if you have a name such as Van Leeuwenhoek DO NOT put a space in between them. It throws everything off, and can cause an error. 
  3. This version features an experimental feature which corrects the sequence of all "sound pairs". (i.e. any instances of "hc" or "hp" are corrected to "ch" and "ph", respectively, automatically. 
  4. You can cancel out of the game, once you push the button - but only at the very beginning. We're working on the other cancel buttons. (i.e. after name input)
  5. Design is just more flowing, and better technically.
Well, that covers all of the changes I think. I'll continue to work on the known bugs. Any feedback regarding the changes (especially opinions regarding the "sound pairs" would be appreciated. It took me FOREVER to make, but I could make it optional, I think. I'll keep version 1.0 open for anyone who wishes to compare or use it still.

Again, anyone who has any ideas, complaints, or questions, please leave them I think that that concludes the update.

Thanks!

P.S. Right now we're working on developing more extensive and more user-friendly "tricks", especially the middle name ones! Please give any suggestions to help the creative juices flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here: